Miss E O'Connor
Some important information
- We start school at 8.50am and finish at 3.30pm
- Bring your reading book to school, you will need one every day after lunch
- Ensure your uniform is as smart as possible each day: it will help to make learning easier
- PE days are Tuesday and Friday
- If your child plays football, they are welcome to bring in trainers to keep in their locker and wear during lunchtime.
Children are now allowed to wear their PE kit to school on the days that they have PE. Please ensure your child has the correct PE kit which consists of a white t-shirt, navy shorts and plimsoles or trainers. During the colder weather your child should wear the School PE jumper.
If your child has to attend an event such as Mass or go on a school trip, they will be required to wear their school uniform on that day. PE kit should be brought to school and children will change for their PE lesson accordingly.
If your child has a club before school, uniform should be brought to change into, once the club has finished.
If your child has a club after school and it is not a PE day, uniform should be worn as normal and PE kit should be brought to change into before the club begins.
Lower Junior Homework
Year 3 children can access their homework and other information on Google Classroom. They will practise doing this in class. If you can’t access Google Classroom, please let me know.
Homework will be set three times each week. The usual format for homework is as follows:
- Monday (to be returned/completed by Wednesday with the exception of spellings which is due Friday)
- Wednesday (to be returned/completed by Friday)
- Friday (to be returned/completed by Monday)
Other tasks may be given throughout the year. It is vital that you support and enable your child to do their homework thoughtfully and neatly. Please note that maths homework is set by their maths teacher and this may not be their class teacher. Please check the class page of your child's maths teacher for their homework tasks.
The class spelling test will take place every Friday.
We recommend that you spend time reading aloud with your child as often as you can.
Please ensure that (s)he develops a routine so that (s)he remembers to complete set work. Please let me know of any difficulties with work.
Miss O'Connor's maths group:
1) Practise your 5 x table for a test on Monday
2) Fractions worksheet
1) Punctuation worksheet
28th February 2023
English: Learn spellings for test on Friday
Miss O’Connor’s maths group: Homework