Miss E O'Connor
Dear parents and children,
Welcome to Year 3! I look forward to continuing to work with you to develop each child's full potential and foster a love of learning.
We seek to provide an orderly, stimulating environment in which effort and personal success are rewarded, special gifts are catered for and needs are met.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries regarding the curriculum or school life.
Swimming - beginning Tuesday 14th June
Year 3 will be going Swimming each Tuesday, beginning the 14th June.
Children will need:
- A towel
- Trunks or swim shorts for boys
- Swimming costume for girls (no bikinis)
- A swimming cap
- Goggles are optional
- School swimming bag (Miss O'Connor has some spare if needed)
Some important information
- We start school at 8.50am and finish at 3.30pm
- Children should wear their P.E kits on Tuesday and Wednesday to school. They are allowed to wear trainers for the day but will need plimsolls to change into when we have to use the school hall when the weather is bad. Juniors are also allowed to change into trainers for lunch time
- Bring your reading book to school, you will need one every day after lunch
- Ensure your uniform is as smart as possible each day: it will help to make learning easier
- Thursday 26th May - Final Day of the half-term. School finishes at 3.30pm as normal.
- Friday 24th June - School Photos
- Saturday 25th June - School Summer Fair
- Monday 27th June - Science Week
- Monday 4th July - Music Concert for Lower Juniors 5-6pm
- Wednesday 6th July - Holy Communion Mass
- Thursday 7th July - Sports Day - 12.15pm lunch on the common (by tennis courts at Clapham South) Events commence for KS2 at 12.45pm
Lower Junior Homework
Homework will be set three times each week. The usual format for homework is as follows:
- Monday (to be returned/completed by Wednesday with the exception of spellings which is due Friday)
- Wednesday (to be returned/completed by Friday)
- Friday (to be returned/completed by Monday)
Other tasks may be given throughout the year. It is vital that you support and enable your child to do their homework thoughtfully and neatly. Please note that maths homework is set by their maths teacher and this may not be their class teacher. Please check the class page of your child's maths teacher for their homework tasks.
The class spelling test will take place every Friday.
We recommend that you spend time reading aloud with your child as often as you can.
Please ensure that (s)he develops a routine so that (s)he remembers to complete set work. Please let me know of any difficulties with work.
Homework - 11th July 2022
Learn spellings for test on Friday:
Homework - 8th July 2022
Maths: Time worksheet
English: Learn spellings for test on Monday
Homework - 6th July 2022
English: Learn spellings List 31 for a test on Monday.
Maths: Learn the 9 times tables for a test on Friday in maths group.